Functional Products & Surfaces
- Manager David Guérin
General informationsThe Functional Products and Surfaces team can assist you with the development of new paper and board materials for packaging, specialised uses and printings. Its expertise includes thorough knowledge of market expectations and of the following key surface treatment technologies:
- Coating of water-based formulations. This treatment can be carried out on sheets or objects created in the laboratory or on rolls at pilot scale. Our expertise covers the formulation and preparation of solutions/dispersions/emulsions, the choice of coating processes and the definition of a drying strategy in order to achieve best performance.
- Wet lamination of microfibrillated cellulose (MFC). This treatment, patented by the CTP, can be carried out on sheets in the laboratory or on small rolls at pilot scale. Our expertise covers implementation of the process, choice and preparation of the MFC and papers, and the filtration, replication and drying strategy.
- Chromatogeny. The CTP is a major player in the development of this water-repelling treatment for paper and board, which can be implemented in the laboratory on all forms of cellulose: powders, fibres, sheets and objects, or at pilot scale on rolls. Our expertise covers the choice and preparation of substrates and reagents, implementation of the process, and assistance to industries at the process industrialisation stage (with technical, economic and regulatory aspects).
- Calendering. This treatment can be performed on sheets in the laboratory or on roll segments in industrial conditions. Our expertise covers implementation of the process in order to achieve the best compromise.
- Characterisations of paper and board barrier performance. These characterisations enable the performance of packaging materials to be ranked with respect to benchmarks, market expectations or technical specifications, and the contribution of surface treatment processes to be evaluated.
The Functional Products and Surfaces team will be pleased to answer your queries and assist you in developing new functional materials. Do not hesitate to contact us!
- 7 project managers
- 4 technicians
- 4 semi-industrial pilots